Loyola Students Support Services (LSSS) -> LEADS
In accordance with the preferential option for the Poor and the Dalits of the Jesuit Madurai Province, Jesuit educational institutions give priority to the Poor, Dalits and the first generation learners to study in their institutions. As a visible expression of its commitment, Loyola College Management offered a space for Dalit coordinator and named it as Loyola Emancipatory Action for Dalit Students (LEADS).
It was solemnly inaugurated by the Hon'ble Minister of Adi-Dravidar Welfare, Tmt. A.Tamilarasi on 14th February 2010.
* Leads would coordinate with LSSS in all programs with special focus on Dalit students.
* LEADS would meticulously work with LSSS in receiving the benefits from all its programs.
* LEADS would ensure the proper monitoring of the academic program of Dalit students.
* LEADS would arrange special programmes for the skill development of Dalit Students.
* LEADS would empower the Dalit students so that they excel in academics.
* LEADS would organize EXODUS CAMP for Dalit and Poor children and DESAM camp for Gypsy children during summer holidays. Every year 400 to 500 children from the neighboring dioceses and Gypsy settlements benefit from the facilities and faculty of our college.